From August 5th to 21st Rio was the decor for the Olympic Games 2016. An international happening that has put Brazil on the worldwide map again. But besides sports, the country has a lot to offer when it comes to impressive nature and unique travel experiences. Especially outside Rio the landscapes and flora & fauna are breathtaking. Two must-sees for exploring the ‘Post-Olympic side of Brazil’:
Foz do Iguaçu
Foz do Iguaçu, also known as ‘Foz’, is located in the south western federal state of Paraná. Foz is famous for its beautiful Parque Nacional do Iguaçu one of the most attractive and awe-inspiring natural sites in the world, a true masterpiece of nature. What you shouldn’t miss on a discovery trip to Foz do Iguaçu?
- The incredible and powerful waterfalls with 3 km in extension – an unforgettable experience and memory for life.
- Become face-to-face with 150 different species in the fascinating bird park.
- Hop on a boat to see and experience the ‘Devil’s Throat’.
- For adrenaline-lovers: make sure you do not miss a rappel, rafting or wakeboard experience and feel the energy of Iguazu falls.
- Looking for the bigger perspective and are you truly waterfalls admirer? A helicopter tour will be the most unique way to discover the area.
- Go and explore one of the many walking trails, and unveil the secrets of the rich flora and fauna of Brazil.
Fortaleza is one of the hotspots many tourists like to discover and there are several reasons why. Take for example the year round tropical climate, the paradisiac beaches and endless shades of the blue sea and white sand. These conditions make Fortaleza the perfect location for water sports. Did you know that the world competitions for kitesurfing, windsurfing and surfing are commonly being held here? But there is more:
- Fortaleza is a surprising experience for food lovers, you will enjoy the succulent dishes of the northeastern gastronomy here.
- Besides the beach and stunning natural scenery, the city’s skyscrapers, futuristic architecture and world class hotels make. Fortaleza a perfect destination for both leisure and MICE trips.
- Make sure you visit Ceará, it has one of the most stunning coasts you will ever see, with almost 600km of beautiful and unique beaches.
For more information about Brazil, Foz do Iguaçu and Fortaleza, please contact our partner Abreu.