10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT QATAR
Safety & Stability
Qatar ranks as the second safest country in the world. Golden Visa 2015 World Safety Index. Qatar ranks as the second most stable country in the Middle East. Fragile States Index 2015.
Money & Currency
Qatar has the highest GDP per capita ($145,000) in the world. CIA world Factbook 2015 Exchange rate of the Qatari Riyal (QR) against the US Dollar is fixed at QR 3.640 per USD.
Qatar Airways, winner of the ‘World’s Best Airline’ title, connects Doha to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents.
Distance from Airport
West Bay, the epicentre of Qatar’s commercial district, is merely a 20-minute drive from the airport.
Qatar’s hospitality sector tops its peers in GCC destinations in terms of guest experience. Olery Guest Experience in the Middle East 2015 report.
Qatar is one of the most connected countries in the Arab world, with 91.5% of its population using internet, and 98% of its households enjoying internet connectivity.State of Broadband Report 2015.
Education and Research
Qatar’s Education City is home to seven world-renowned higher education institutes and state-of-the-art research facilities, demonstrating the importance the country places on education and knowledge as a foundation for a sustainable modern society.
Qatar is making sports history as the first Middle Eastern country to host the FIFA World Cup in 2022 & FINA World Swimming Championships in 2023.
Qatar has a track-record for successfully hosting large-scale international conferences and events, including the 20th World Petroleum Congress, COP18 and Science Parks & Areas of Innovation World Conference (IASP 2014).
Qatar is the biggest spender on healthcare in the Middle East; 90% of residents are satisfied with health services. National Health Accounts Report 2015.
TOP DESTINATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Experience the noise and thrills of MotoGP at Losail International Circuit in VIP hospitality suites;
- Discover Doha on a cultural city tour;
- Take an historical day trip to see Al Khor harbour, Al-Zubarha Fort and a traditional Qatari Village;
- Taste Arab dishes at a unique gala dinner venue on the man-made island of Pearl-Qatar;
- Action 4×4 driving in the desert dunes followed by a sunset BBQ dinner in a Bedouin Camp;
- Reward your incentive delegates with an overnight desert experience in traditional Bedouin tents;
- Shop the traditional-style Souks of Waqif and Al Wakra for Arabian crafts and spices;
- Sail on a luxury yacht to Safliya Island for a day of water sports;
- Cruise under starry Arabian skies while enjoying dinner on-board a traditional dhow;
- Explore the winding waterways of the Thakira Bay mangroves on a kayaking adventure.
Want to lear more or get introduced to our partner Gulf Adventures? Just let us know.