From August 5th to 21st Rio was the decor for the Olympic Games 2016. An international happening that has put Brazil on the worldwide map again. But besides sports, the country has a lot to offer when it comes to impressive nature and unique travel experiences. Especially outside Rio the landscapes and flora & fauna are breathtaking. Two must-sees for exploring the ‘Post-Olympic side of Brazil’:
Foz do Iguaçu
Foz do Iguaçu, also known as ‘Foz’, is located in the south western federal state of Paraná. Foz is famous for its beautiful Parque Nacional do Iguaçu one of the most attractive and awe-inspiring natural sites in the world, a true masterpiece of nature. What you shouldn’t miss on a discovery trip to Foz do Iguaçu?
- The incredible and powerful waterfalls with 3 km in extension – an unforgettable experience and memory for life.
- Become face-to-face with 150 different species in the fascinating bird park.
- Hop on a boat to see and experience the ‘Devil’s Throat’.
- For adrenaline-lovers: make sure you do not miss a rappel, rafting or wakeboard experience and feel the energy of Iguazu falls.
- Looking for the bigger perspective and are you truly waterfalls admirer? A helicopter tour will be the most unique way to discover the area.
- Go and explore one of the many walking trails, and unveil the secrets of the rich flora and fauna of Brazil.
Fortaleza is one of the hotspots many tourists like to discover and there are several reasons why. Take for example the year round tropical climate, the paradisiac beaches and endless shades of the blue sea and white sand. These conditions make Fortaleza the perfect location for water sports. Did you know that the world competitions for kitesurfing, windsurfing and surfing are commonly being held here? But there is more:
- Fortaleza is a surprising experience for food lovers, you will enjoy the succulent dishes of the northeastern gastronomy here.
- Besides the beach and stunning natural scenery, the city’s skyscrapers, futuristic architecture and world class hotels make. Fortaleza a perfect destination for both leisure and MICE trips.
- Make sure you visit Ceará, it has one of the most stunning coasts you will ever see, with almost 600km of beautiful and unique beaches.
For more information about Brazil, Foz do Iguaçu and Fortaleza, please contact our partner Abreu.
Most people would love to escape the cold winter and enjoy a little sunshine abroad. Dreaming of white beaches, waving palm trees, having dinner outdoor and enjoy a cocktail while you watch the sun set after a long relaxing or working day. Why not just go for it? From New Year’s Eve to Carnival, Brazil
is one of the best places to go in winter time. For leisure and MICE reasons.
Relaxing in Rio
Let’s start the sunny winter journey in Rio, where it is impossible not to jump into the Cariocas (local residents) lifestyle and laid-back mindset. Enjoy the enchanting sound of samba, and relax at the famous beaches, from Copacabana to Ipanema. From Corcovado and Pão de Açucar you can overlook the city. Go surfing at Prainha, hiking “Morro dos Dois Irmãos”, sailing across the Guanabara bay, or simply enjoy the Lapa nightlife and relax at the beach.
Soul food in Salvador
You can feel Salvador’s energy throughout the whole city. Take for example the capoeira circles, or the olodum shows on the streets. While walking the streets of Salvador the delicious smell of ‘acarajé’ and other mouthwatering delights fill the air. Salvador’s culture and African heritage make the city a cultural and charming place to visit.
There are many reasons why you should visit Rio or Salvador. We will share a couple with you:
- Rio has one of the Seven Wonders of the World – The Christ Redeemer”
- Rio is the “Capital” of the Samba and Bossa Nova
- Rio hosts the greatest and most exciting parties in the world – New Year’s Eve and Carnival
- Salvador has a delicious gastronomy with good restaurants
- In Salvador you will find distinctive venues suitable for various events, meetings and congresses
- Salvador has a spectacular wildlife along the coast
For more information about Brazil as a winter and / or New Year’s destination, please contact our partner and Brazil specialist Abreu.
[photo credits: dmcbrazil.abreutur.com]
This Fam. Trip will be organized in October this year. Are you responsible to send groups to this continent and do you have the urgent need to explore Brazil? Do you want to sell Brazil better to your clients? Please don’t hesitate and sign up, who knows you are one of the lucky ones to join! Our partners TAP and Abreu DMC will support us all the way and will decide who will be the lucky ones.
On the right side of this page you will find the program and flight schedule.
This Educational Trip is fully booked and closed for registrations.